For many years, the Group, as a supporter of actions promoting life and pro-activeness, has been close to initiatives that utilize fresh voices and broaden the horizons of young people. 2020-2021 was a particularly difficult period that had a significant impact on the organisation and implementation of actions under the Culture and Sports pillar. Due to the restrictions put in place to deal with the pandemic, as well as the ongoing lockdowns, it was impossible to hold live sporting and cultural events. In view of this situation, the support of athletes, Olympians, and athletic unions of the neighbouring municipalities of Thriasio and Western Thessaloniki continued according to the planned actions.
Indicative actions that were carried out are listed below:
- Support of actions to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Greek Revolution of 1821: Reinforcement of historical documentaries and textbooks as well as actions related to the 200th anniversary of the Greek Revolution.
- Supporting cultural institutions: National Theater and National Opera.
- Sponsoring cultural events of neighboring Municipalities: Systematic support for cultural events (Elefsina-Aeschylia, Aspropyrgos-Thriasia, summer events of Kordelio-Evosmos, Delta)
- Major Sponsor of the Hellenic Paralympic Committee and its great Athletes: Upgrading of the Group's sponsorship to the Hellenic Paralympic Committee, to "Major Sponsor" and support of the Greek delegations in the Paralympic Games Tokyo 2021 and Paris 2024, and Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
- Support for teams and sports clubs of neighboring Municipalities: Panelefsiniakos, Gymnastics Association of Mandra, N. Peramos-Megara Association, Flame of Magoula, Alexander the Great Sports Club, Triptolemos, AMEA Eagles, etc.
- Sponsoring distinguished athletes: Support for the preparation of athletes participating in European and world championships