HELLENIC PETROLEUM SOCIETE ANONYME (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") takes a highly responsible approach to the protection of personal data and to privacy, and views these issues as priorities. As part of this approach, and in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation, we have published this Statement to inform candidates for employment about the processing of their personal data.
If you have any questions about this Statement, or about how we process your personal information, feel free to contact us at the following email address: DPO@helpe.gr
2. The Controller
HELLENIC PETROLEUM SA
8A Chimarras St, 15125, Maroussi
Telephone: 210 630 2000
Fax: +30 210 63 02 510, 210 63 02 511
Trade Register Number: 2443/06/Β/86/23 and COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER (GEMI) 000296601000
3. Contact Details for Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Contact Telephone Number: 210 6302252
Address: 8A Chimarras St, 151 25 Maroussi
4. Collection and processing of personal data
- Personal Data collected from the candidates themselves include:
- Name and Surname
- Contact details (phone numbers, email, physical address)
- Details of Education
- Military Service status (for male candidates)
- Other identification details (TIN, Social Security number - AMKA)
- Copies of identification documents (ID card, passport)
- Copies of other documents (Certificate of Military Obligation, Degrees, Driving License, Work Permits, etc.)
- Other information provided by candidates through job search websites, email, personal interviews and/or any other method.
- Medical Data (blood group, clinical examination results)
- Personal data collected about candidates from other sources include: Verification of the information provided during the recruitment process by contacting relevant third parties (for example previous employers, educational institutions and/or institutions and providers)
- Information from social networking sites of which the candidate for employment is a member and which is related to job search aims and recruitment.
- Information from employment agencies and candidate evaluation agencies.
Creation of personal data during the recruitment process.
As part of the recruitment process, the Company creates personal data such as the following in relation to the candidates:
• Interview and evaluation results and
• Medical Data (blood group, clinical examination results), at the final stage of the evaluation process.
5. Purposes of Processing
The Company collects and processes the abovementioned data about candidate employees mentioned for the following purposes:
- To examine candidates' applications for a particular job.
- To communicate with candidates during the recruitment process.
- To enrich the data it has received from candidates with information from third parties.
- To find suitable candidates to fill vacancies.
- To keep recruitment records.
- To ensure the Company complies with the requirements of the legal framework under which the Company operates.
The Company may use third parties/associates /specialised personnel to select candidates for evaluation on the basis of specified criteria it has set. However, the process of finding suitable candidates is not automated and any decision related to choosing people to fill any position is made by the Company's staff.
6. Legal Basis
The legal basis for the collection and processing of candidates' data is the Company's legitimate interest, more specifically its recruitment of suitable personnel for each position in the company.
Health data are collected from candidates for employment, in accordance with the relevant legal provisions, in order to assess their ability to undertake a particular job.
When collecting personal data from the candidates themselves, the Company will inform the candidates on whether or not it is obligatory to provide the personal data requested at any time. In the event of failure to provide some of the requested information, for example a failure to send a required degree, the Company will not be able to assess the candidates for the particular position for which they have applied.
When candidates send CVs or personal information to the Company on their own initiative, without the Company having announced that any particular position is vacant, the candidates give their consent to the processing of their data in accordance with the applicable legislative framework and this Statement.
7. Data Transfers
The personal data of candidates for employment is transferred and may be processed by Human Resources Division personnel and sent in anonymous form to the Recruitment Committee. The Company may transmit data to candidates for employment as part of its cooperation with providers which provide services that require the use and/or creation of data on candidates in relation to the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the current legislative framework. In these limited cases, selected third parties may have access to the candidates' data. Before disclosing any information to a third party, the Company will ensure that each recipient has committed to adhering to strict safety standards and to maintaining confidentiality.
In the event of a merger and/or acquisition, the Company may disclose the information on the candidate employees to interested third parties.
The Company does not sell or market candidate employees’ data to third parties. The Company may be obliged to disclose certain candidate data to third parties, such as government authorities, in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, the Company may disclose candidates' data if this is necessary to protect its legal rights in accordance with applicable laws.
8. Data Security
The Company takes appropriate security measures to ensure all personal data is kept in the best possible manner and to prevent accidental loss or use of, or unauthorised access to, personal data, and limits access to candidates' personal data to people who actually require it to carry out their duties.
People who process personal data on behalf of the Company do so in accordance with the authorisation given to them by the Company and have committed to keeping their actions confidential. The Company has put in place procedures to deal with any data security breaches so that it can comply with its legal obligations in the event of any breach of personal data.
Although the Company takes appropriate security measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data, transmission of information over the Internet is never completely safe. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee the security of information when it is transmitted by any electronic means. Because of this, any such transfer is carried out at the sender’s responsibility.
9. Data Storage
The personal data of candidates for employment is stored on servers located in Greece and is not transferred to third countries.
Countries in the European Economic Area are considered to provide the same level of protection of personal data as Greece. If, in the future, the Company transfers personal data outside of the European Economic Area, it undertakes to inform the data subjects and to provide appropriate or suitable safeguards to protect the personal data transmitted.
10. Period for which personal data is kept
After the evaluation process is complete, and the necessary number, as foreseen by the Company, of candidates have been hired to fill the positions, the data of the candidates who are not immediately recruited by the Company are kept for a reasonable period, which will be determined according to the Company's requirements for filling the posts and which will be notified to the participants.
It is possible to revoke the above consent at any time by sending a request to the following email address: DPO@helpe.gr
The request for revocation does not affect the legality of the processing which has been carried out up until that time.
11. Data Subjects’ Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, individuals may exercise the following rights:
- To be informed about the processing of their data
- To have access to their personal data
- To require that inaccurate data which concern them and are maintained by the Company be corrected.
- In some cases, to require that personal data that concerns them be deleted.
- To receive the personal data which concern them and have been provided to the Company in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as to request the transmission of such data to third parties in some cases
- To object, at any time, to the processing of their personal data
- To request restriction of processing in relation to their personal data in certain circumstances
- To submit a complaint to the supervisory authority
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
The Company reserves the right to modify and update this Statement, whenever deemed necessary, as a result of legal, technical or business developments, and the changes will take effect upon their being published, either by posting them on the Internet or by any other means the Company considers appropriate and which ensures the consent of data subjects where required by the applicable legal framework.
Most recently updated: June 27, 2018