Announcement by Hellenic Petroleum's Board of Directors
To mark the completion of one year from the accident that took place at Aspropyrgos refinery during the 8th of May of 2015, where four of our colleagues lost their lives, Hellenic Petroleum’s Board of Directors:
• Expresses its sorrow in regard to the tragic incident and its undivided solidarity to the families of the victims. Substantial support to these families corresponds to the minimum duty and obligation of Hellenic Petroleum Group of Companies, that has already expressed and is implementing its intentions.
• Awaits the completion of the judicial investigation, which it facilitates and provides all the available information, in order to examine the exact causes of the accident.
• Is implementing an advanced Total Safety Management system with structured actions, in the context of the continuous improvement of the safety performance, which represents a timeless primary value of the Group. With the active participation of all of us involved, the strategic objective is for Hellenic Petroleum to be among the best refineries in Europe with regard to safety over the next two years.
• Has increased the education and training time of employees and also plans for the continuous replacement of the retiring while enhancing gradual recruitment. This approach allows for more time for training and education.
In addition to these, the Board of Directors of Hellenic Petroleum SA decided:
• The purchase of two (2) respirators for the Burn Rehabilitation Center of Thriasio Hospital, with an estimated cost 65,000 euros.
• Delegation of the Board of Directors to attend the memorial service which will take place on Sunday, May 8 at the church of Sotiras in Aspropyrgos.